International Cheap Travel Tips
International cheap travel has become common place for many air travelers. Even so, a few tips issued by the US Department of State may prove to be invaluable to the international traveler.
Tips for Traveling Abroad ( originally published by the US Department of State ).
If you are traveling abroad here are the top 10 tips you need to make your trip easier:
1. Make sure you have a signed, valid passport and visas, if required. Also, before you go, fill in the emergency information page of your passport!
2. Read the Consular Information Sheets (and Public Announcements or Travel Warnings, if applicable) for the countries you plan to visit.
3. Familiarize yourself with local laws and customs of the countries to which you are traveling. Remember, the U.S. Constitution does not follow you! While in a foreign country, you are subject to its laws.
4. Make 2 copies of your passport identification page. This will facilitate replacement if your passport is lost or stolen. Leave one copy at home with friends or relatives. Carry the other with you in a separate place from your passport.
5. Leave a copy of your itinerary with family or friends at home so that you can be contacted in case of an emergency.
6. Do not leave your luggage unattended in public areas. Do not accept packages from strangers.
7. Prior to your departure, you should register with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate through the State Departmentís travel registration website. [ international cheap travel ] Registration will make your presence and whereabouts known in case it is necessary to contact you in an emergency.
In accordance with the Privacy Act, information on your welfare and whereabouts may not be released without your express authorization. Remember to leave a detailed itinerary and the numbers or copies of your passport or other citizenship documents with a friend or relative in the United States.
8. To avoid being a target of crime, try not to wear conspicuous clothing and expensive jewelry and do not carry excessive amounts of money or unnecessary credit cards.
9. In order to avoid violating local laws, deal only with authorized agents when you exchange money or purchase art or antiques.
10. If you get into trouble, contact the nearest U.S. embassy.
International Cheap Travel - US Visa Information
If you are a U.S. citizen planning an international trip you should check on the visa requirements for the country you will be traveling to well before your departure date. If Passports, Visas, and
Birth Certificates are required and you need assistance in obtaining and submitting the required information you can use the Official Travel Documents service to assist you.
As it may take a few weeks to process a U.S. passport application and a few days to process foreign visa applications be sure to start the process well in advance of your travel date.
International Cheap Travel
International cheap travel is more popular than ever as the use of the Internet has made it much easier to find truly cheap airfares. Airlines now must frequently run special promotions and deeply discount airfare prices to retain market share on routes and to remain competitive. Access provided to consumers by the Internet to comprehensive flight information and worldwide flight booking search engines has put downward pressure on flight prices and greatly benefited the consumer.
Now you can book your own international cheap travel flight through the use of a worldwide cheap flight booking engine [international cheap travel ]that uses a huge data base to find you the cheapest flight to and from where ever you choose to go.
International Cheap Travel Trip Advisor
A valuable service to use while planning your trip provides you with a world of information about just about any spot in the world that folks wish to travel to.
Unbiased reviews that have been written by recent travelers give you reports on hotels, restaurants, and tourist attractions along with a lot of background information about the area you are traveling to.
Find the best deal, compare prices and read what other travelers have to say at TripAdvisor. Just one good tip found in one review can save you a lot of money and aggrevation on your international cheap travel trip.